What sort of permission do I need to install solar panels above my unit? – Mark, NSW

Any change in appearance of a lot requires permission from the owners corporation. This is done by having a special by-law passed by special resolution at a general meeting. We suggest you have a discussion with the committee as this might be a decision for all owners to consider.