What are the rules regarding changes to artwork and plants in the foyer and putting sun lounges in pool area? – Toni, NSW

Answer: If you are an owner and would like to have artwork, plants and furniture updated on common property you could raise this request with the owners corporation. The best way to do this is raise it at the next annual general meeting. The committee may decide to cover the costs or grant approval for an owner to make updates out of their own pocket. However, if current furniture or equipment is damaged on common property and it presents a safety risk, the owners corporation have a responsibility to ensure repair and maintenance.