I would like to paint my back wooden fence. Do I need to make application or notify the body corp? – David, QLD

If the fence is part of the common property, you can make an improvement or change if approved by the committee or the body corporate at a general meeting. The body corporate (or committee) will need to consider whether the proposed work is maintenance or an improvement, when it considers what approval is needed.

We would suggest that you contact your committee through your strata manager and provide them with the details to obtain clarity to your request.