I moved to a retirement unit and am not allowed an indoor cat. Not even letters from doctors can help. – Angela, QLD

Check on your scheme’s animal by-law if you wish to keep animals on the property. If the by-law is prohibitive, you can propose a motion to change this by-law or attempt to resolve this with the Body corporate and state your case. If these steps fail, and you wish to pursue the matter, try conciliation. You may refer to the government page for more information: https://www.qld.gov.au/law/housing-and-neighbours/body-corporate/disputes