I have a unit in an office complex and the front door which adjoins the front glass at the front of my unit needs a repair. Is the repair a body corporate expense or mine? – Michael, QLD 

If you’re leasing the property to a tenant or if you’re in a commercial complex sometimes there are clauses in the agreement as to who pays for what, especially glass. In the first instance you should read your agreement with your tenants or the insurance policy.  The repair may be able to be claimed under an insurance claim, if it was caused by resultant damage – a storm or attempted break in.

For more information and guidance, you may get in touch with your body corporate manager.