I am renovating bathroom areas, have had special by law drafted, passed by owners corporation and registered. Do I require extra insurance, other than what the contractors have, to cover those areas that may be potentially effected by the renovations? – Jeanette, NSW

Hi Jeanette, check with both your insurer and the owners corporation, as either may need to be notified under the policies in place. Your insurer can provide you with personal advice on additional insurances.