COVID-19 StrataFAQ | How does the routine cleaning for our strata property change because of COVID-19?
Q: How does the routine cleaning for our strata property change because of COVID-19?
A: The COVID-19 outbreak requires effective cleaning techniques far beyond a standard clean, so here’s what to consider to protect your strata community:
- Refer to the Australian Government Department of Health Cleaning guide
- Request the preventative measures your cleaner is taking – it’s not enough to wear a mask or gloves
- Request a Safe Work Method Statement, which now includes additional processes including Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and social distancing measures
- The cleaner must disinfect equipment and materials between jobs, and before it is brought on-site
- The cleaner must use hand sanitiser before arrival, also make hand sanitiser available on arrival as a precaution
- Ask them to disinfect door handles and other surfaces after they have completed work
- For common area cleaning, increase the number of cleans, length of clean, and what gets cleaned.
To receive COVID-19 updates for managing community living, sign up here.